Only two days away and we are gearing up for the big 4th of July blowout! Heroes Fitness is catered towards helping you achieve your fitness goals, but we also like to have a good time. Yes, even beyond wearing red, white, and blue to the gym! We want to help you create a celebration that will feed your belly, soothe your soul, and keep you in line with your health and fitness goals.
Here are our Do’s and Don’t Do’s for the day:
-Use sunscreen! Lots of it.
-Drink more water than you think you need! It will be warm; the sun will definitely dehydrate you and so will other celebratory drinks if you are partaking in that.
– Eat something festive! Did someone say, hot dogs, hamburgers, fruit salad, s’mores? Be smart about how much you are indulging, but no need to deprive yourself of the American goodness at the food table.
– Reminisce. What is more American than the scene of gathering around the open fire pit and swapping stories of the good ol’ days? Don’t have a fire pit? The BBQ will work just fine!
– Let the fireworks fly! These little poppers thrill the kids and make the adults nervous, but they are quintessential to Independence Day celebrations. Be smart, safe, and set the street aglow!
– Feel guilty! If you are choosing to indulge a little bit, be okay with it. Choose ahead of time what you are going to splurge on and stick with it. That way you are aren’t missing out on anything and you won’t beat yourself about it afterwards.
– Use your grandma’s recipe. If you are in charge of the potato salad, use your own recipe! Create a dish that will be memorable in its own right, and not compared to the same calorie ridden version from 40 years ago. Keep it figure friendly by subbing Greek yogurt for the mayo, and adding in your own spice blend with fresh herbs to lighten it up!
– Skip your workout. Holidays are exciting and we often get over zealous the morning of and forget to take some me time before the party gets started. Don’t forget your workout! It will make you happy, keep your energy level high, and make you more present in your all-day celebrations.
– Forget to reapply your sunscreen. It’s that important that it needs to be on both lists!
– Be shy! Make some new friends this 4th of July! Don’t know that group on the other side of the pool? Go say hi! Everyone will be in high spirits and ready to mingle. Take this as an opportunity to step out of your comfort level and open up your social circle.
We hope this list inspires you to have a happy, healthy, and fun 4th of July! As always, we are here for you to help in any way. Need a pep talk before your BBQ party? We are here for you! Enjoy the three day weekend and celebrating this beautiful country of ours!